Ryan Funeral Home’s primary business is as a provider of funeral services, including burial and cremation funeral services. In connection with the provision of these services, Ryan Funeral Home collects and stores personal information regarding individuals who visit and utilize certain functions or features of our website.
Ryan Funeral Home also maintains an online presence, including an ecommerce store offering certain funeral paraphernalia and related products, in connection with which personal information may be collected from individuals.
Personal Information We Collect
Categories of personal information that we may collect from you directly include:
- Contact information (for example, name, phone number, mailing address, email address)
- Payment-related details (for example, billing address and other credit card details)
- Communications (for example, submitted questions or other posts and marketing preferences)
- Recruitment data (for example, resumes and other details regarding an applicant’s qualifications)
- Technical information (for example, browser type, IP address, cookies, and operating system)
- Usage information (for example, pages visited, search terms entered, and frequency of visits)
We use Google Analytics to collect and analyze information about use of the website and to help us understand activities and trends, this includes use of Google Analytics performance reports relating to demographics and interests. As part of this service, we share a unique identifier with Google Analytics. You may opt-out of Google Analytics by installing a Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on available for download here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use the personal information we collect for the following purposes:
- Security. We may use your personal information for security purposes, including to maintain the privacy and security of our data, to conduct internal audits or investigations, to prevent spam or abusive conduct, for data security testing and business continuity planning purposes, and to ensure the safety and security of our families, staff and assets.
- Communication and marketing. We may use your personal information to communicate with you about the Services, respond to your questions, or offer you additional products or services.
- Comply with the law and exercise our rights. We may use your personal information as necessary to assess and ensure compliance with applicable laws, legal requirements, and company policies; to protect our assets or to investigate or defend against any claims of illegality or wrongdoing (including to obtain legal advice or to establish, exercise or defend legal rights); and in response to a court order or judicial or other government subpoena or warrant.
- Corporate transaction. We may use your personal information in the event we undertake or are involved in or contemplating any merger, acquisition, reorganization, sale of assets, bankruptcy, or insolvency event.
- Recruitment and hiring. We may use your personal information to evaluate your candidacy when you apply for a job with us.
Safeguarding and Securing the Data
Ryan Funeral Home is committed to securing your data and keeping it confidential. We have done all in our power to prevent data theft, unauthorized access, and disclosure by implementing the latest technologies and software, which help us safeguard all the information we collect online.
Please note that cookies do not allow us to gain control of your computer in any way. They are strictly used to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not so that we can provide a better experience for you.
If you want to disable cookies, you can do it by accessing the setting of your internet browser. Please view the following links for instructions on how to disable cookies on Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, or Internet Explorer.
How and When We Disclose Your Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients, to be used only for legitimate purposes in keeping with this Privacy Notice:
- Group companies and affiliates. We may disclose, share, or transfer your information to any business entity that is part of our corporate family.
- Service providers and professional advisors. We may disclose your information to third-party vendors who provide services in support of our business operations, such as website development and hosting, payment processing, marketing management, service optimization, vendors that fulfill orders for funeral-related items such as flowers, and data analytics. We may also disclose your personal information to our professional advisors such as our attorneys, accountants, and insurance providers.
- Parties involved in a corporate transaction. We may disclose your information to relevant third parties in the event of a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of a bankruptcy.
- Law enforcement or other governmental entities. We may disclose your information if required to do so by law or if we believe in good faith that such action is necessary to comply with the law, prevent unlawful activity, defend our rights, or maintain security.
- Other third parties with your consent. We may disclose your information to any other third party where you have provided consent to such disclosure.
Restricting the Collection of your Personal Data
At some point, you might wish to restrict the use and collection of your personal choice. You can achieve this by doing the following:
- If you have already agreed to share your information with us, feel free to contact us via email (email@example.com) and we will be more than happy to change this for you.
We do not knowingly collect or maintain information from persons under 13 years of age (“children”), and no part of the Services is directed to children. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the Services at any time or in any manner. If we learn that information has been collected through the Services from children and without verifiable parental consent, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us using the contact information below to request that we delete the information from our systems.
Supplemental to the above, the following additional information pertains to California residents only:
Collection and Use of Personal Information
- Categories of personal information collected about California residents in the past twelve months include identifiers, other identifying information, characteristics of protected class, commercial information, Internet or other electronic network activity information, professional or employment-related information, and education information. For examples of specific pieces of personal information collected, please see the “Personal Information We Collect” section above.
- Categories of personal information disclosed for a business purpose about California residents in the past twelve months include identifiers, other identifying information, characteristics of protected class, commercial information, Internet or other electronic network activity information, professional or employment-related information, and education information.
- We do not sell personal information, nor do we share personal information with third parties for those third parties’ own direct marketing purposes.
Your California Privacy Rights
As a California resident, you have the following rights with respect to your personal information:
- You have the right to request to know about personal information collected, disclosed, or sold.
- You have the right to request the deletion of personal information.
- You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information at any time. Note that we do not currently sell personal information.
Finally, you have the right to not be discriminated against as a result of exercising your privacy rights. Accordingly, unless permitted by law, we will not deny you goods or services, charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, provide you a different level or quality of good or services, or suggest you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services. To exercise your rights, you may contact us using the contact information provided below or email firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to fulfill your request, we may require additional personal information for purposes of verifying your identity. If you make a request through an authorized agent, we may require additional information to verify your authorization of the agent.
Changes to Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to make changes to this Privacy Notice at any time, without notice. We will notify you about changes that significantly impact our use of your personal information by placing a prominent notice on this website or by sending you an email. If you want to make sure that you are up to date with the latest changes, we advise you to frequently visit this page.
Ryan Funeral Home
2418 N Sherman Ave
Madison, WI 53704
Last updated: April 1, 2021
what our families say
Tiffany Foster went out of her way to fulfill all my requests, talked me through problems I was facing, and tried to make me feel as comfortable as possible when I was a wreck, totally crushed, and I thank her with all of my heart for that.
James S. | July 2020
The professional manner of the staff made a difficult time a little easier.
Lynda R. | July 2020
Services provided for both parents were perfect, on time, and no issues. Brenda is awesome and strong!
Michael M. | July 2020
Skyler was absolutely amazing. She was so caring and helpful through this whole process. She even went above and beyond to meet with us in DeForest and even to make a stop at our home to drop off or pick up anything needed. While it was a small gesture, it was so helpful and greatly appreciated.
Brooke S. | Dec. 2020